Phoenix BioPower is developing the future of biomass-fired power generation systems: the BTC.
The Biomass-fired TopCycle - the BTC - is a high-pressure and integrated plant to convert biomass to power. By gasifying the biomass in combination with a high-pressure gas turbine process and massive steam injection, unprecendented conversion efficiencies are achieved. Together with its plannable production capacity and best-in-class total efficiencies, the BTC plant will change how renewable power is produced in the future.
Our 60-30 Mission
Or mission is to reach 60% electrical efficiency from biomass by year 2030.
We will enter the market with an electrical efficiency over 50% by 2023.
Highly-efficient, plannable and profitable renewable power from biomass.
Please watch the below video where we explain our vision and what we want to do!
What We've Achieved
The BTC technology and the innovations of Mr Hans-Erik Hansson has been in development for over10 years.
- The first patent relating to the BTC was filed in 2004.
- We currently hold 20 patents in 5 families, providing a solid IP foundation.
- Over 40 MSEK has been directly invested in technology development, testing third party evaluations and building the patent portfolio.
- 2016 Phoenix BioPower AB is formed.
- 2016 Phoenix BioPower AB is included in the KIC Inno-Energy business accelerator.
- 2017 2nd runner up in Power Circle Innovation Race
- 2018 Phoenix BioPower receives MSEK in support from the Swedish Energy Agency for supporting and developing the IP portfolio
- 2018 Top 10 Finalist in Nordic Cleantech Open out of 104 applicants
- 2018 2nd runner up in Wistrand Startup Star out of 34 applicants
- 2018 Phoenix BioPower receives 9.6 MSEK in support for the development of the BTC technology
- Oliver Paschereit joins the founding team